Philadelphia Museum of Art
Located in the west end of Fairmount Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the Philadelphia Museum of Art stands as one of the nation’s largest art museums. Since opening its doors to the public in 1877, the striking institution nicknamed, 'The Parthenon on the Parkway', has become a popular Pennsylvania landmark and tourist site.
The permanent collection at the Philadelphia Museum of Art features over 225,000 works of art. Western world achievements dating to the first century AD and Asian pieces dating to the third millennium BC are just a few highlights from the museum’s permanent collection. Notable pieces housed at the Philadelphia Museum of Art collection include a version of Vincent van Gogh’s Sunflowers and Claude Monet’s Japanese Bridge and Water Lilies. The Museum also features an extensive collection of arms and armor-- the second largest in the country.
There's no better time to experience this Philadelphia treasure. Make Eventful your source for all the latest event news, and plan your visit to the Philadelphia Museum of Art by checking out the schedule right here!
The Philadelphia Museum of Art schedule features more than 25 unique exhibits and welcomes 800,000 visitors every year. In addition to exhibits, the museum schedule offers educational programs for enthusiasts of all ages.
- Officials In Montgomery County School District Unveil New Security System
- Two Historic Buildings In South Jersey Among State's ''Most Endangered''
- Blog: Megabus Summer Seat Sale
- Veteran Phila. Police Narcotics Officer Caught In FBI Sting, Charged With Ripoff
- Man Sues South Philly Sex Shop, Claims Gel Burned His Weenie
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...